2017 RENTAL AGREEMENT
Mark and Valentine Galasso agree to lease our home at 6175 Ocean Boulevard, Chincoteague, Virginia to _________________________________________________ of _____________________________________________________. Our home consists of the following: four bedrooms, one bathroom, living room, game room with ping pong table, cable TV/VCR, a large eat in kitchen, fenced in back yard and a sunroom with an outside shower as well as a laundry room. The house has central air and a gas fireplace and is fully furnished. The shed in the rear is for our storage and not for the Tenants use. There is one king, one double and three single beds as well as a pull out sleeper sofa and a regular sofa.
The house is situated in a quiet residential neighborhood with easy access to the beach, bay, restaurants and shopping. The Assateague Island National Seashore is about a two mile ride to the East and can be reached by bike or car. The house is not just a summer rental but our second home. We hope you will enjoy it and take care of it as we have done. Please leave it in the same condition as when you arrived.
The terms and conditions of this agreement are as follows:
1. The rental rate is $180.00 per night, plus tax, with a six night minimum, a 2:00pm check in, and a 11:00am check out. The town of Chincoteague 4% and the County of Accomack 3% occupancy tax on rentals under one month of stay. That equals a $12.60 per night room tax. Please don't forget to add the tax.
2. A $180.00 per stay security deposit is required. As is a signed copy of this agreement. Please make one for your records as well.
3. The full rent is due with tax ($192.60 per night) at least two weeks prior to your arrival.
4. Please leave the house as you found it. A cleaning service is available for an additional $75.00 if you would prefer to have us clean the house after your departure.
5. We will supply one set of keys upon your arrival. Please leave the keys on the kitchen table when you leave.
6. The house limit is eight people. Our septic system will not accommodate more. The town of Chincoteague will pump the system if there is a problem If it is because of overcrowding of the premises the Tenants will be responsible for the bill. Using the outside shower as much as possible and flushing the toilet only as needed helps. This is one of the realities of "Island Life".
7. We reserve the right to inspect the premises at any time. Should we discover the terms of this agreement not being followed in whole or in part, we reserve the right to evict Tenants with no refund.
8. Pets are allowed with an additional $180.00 security deposit. But remember Assateague Island National Seashore doesn't allow pets in the park. Not even in your car. It is not fair to us or your pets to keep them locked up in the house all day.
9. Tenants assume all risk and liability.
10. Please replace any supplies you use.
11. You must bring your own bed linens and towels, unless you chose to have a linen service for $75.00. Linen service includes all beds made up with clean sheets and bath towels provided. You are responsible for providing your own beach towels. Please strip the sheets only off the beds you use and put them in the laundry room.
12. Please don't leave any perishable food in the refrigerator.
13. There is no smoking in the house. You may, however, smoke on the front or back porch.
14. Please take all trash to the dumps. It is located next to the town offices less than a mile away.
15. Credit Card Policy. We now accept credit cards for your convenience. We will bill your credit card for the initial deposit with your signed authorization. The balance will be billed along with any pet deposit approximately 60 days prior to your arrival. Your signature herein states that you have received any goods or services contained in this agreement and have authorized us to bill your credit card accordingly. We will keep your credit card information on file only for the current rental season.
16. Cancellation Policy. Rentals are on a first come first serve basis. Your reservation is not guaranteed until we have the signed contract and the deposit. The contract can be faxed to us at 410-827-5635 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Vali Galasso at 404 Greenwood Creek Lane, Grasonville, MD. 21638.
-If you cancel with 90 days notice we will refund your deposit in full.
-If you cancel this reservation 60 days prior, your deposit will be put toward another time slot.
-Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to your stay will forfeit any deposit made.
-In the event we are not able to rent your time slot, any other monies paid will be forfeit as well. We also reserve the right to bill your credit card for the balance due (less any deposits made). Check payments must be sent in 14 days prior to your arrival, otherwise your time slot may be re-rented and you will lose your deposit. WE DO NOT SEND REMINDERS! We understand things do come up that are unavoidable. Every effort will be made to work with you if we can. However, please remember that with this vacation rental, we have a very limited season and cannot afford to have any empty time slots.
17. A contact cell phone number is needed where you can be reached during your rental period. If you have any issues we can be reached at:
Mark cell 410-310-1200
Vali cell 410-310-0293
Check In is on ___________________________________________________________at 2:00 pm.
Check Out is on __________________________________________________________at 11:00 am.
An initial deposit of ___________________ was made on __________________________. And the balance due of ___________________ is due on ________________.
Your signature herein states that you agree to all the aforementioned terms and conditions of this lease. We hope you will have a most enjoyable stay and will come back year after year to enjoy Chincoteague and Assateague. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us any time.
Mark and Valentine Galasso
404 Greenwood Creek Lane
Grasonville, MD. 21638